|MikeInside's Special Fences Tutorial|
TankGrunt from thesims2resource was the first person to try putting fences on top of eachother, so thanks to him for inspiring this tute :)
1) Ok lets start off with something simple, build a stone wall fence
2) Add a founddation behind it
3) On top of the foundation, add the grey brick wall, but leave a 2 square gap.
4) Hold down CTRL and use the foundation tool to delete the foundation.
5) Add a gate in the middle, and your first custom fence is complete!
Try using different types of fences, to get different effects.
For example, this fence from the Romano house used the two kinds of dark wood fencing, and has had columns and bamboo added to it.
Time to try a more advanced kind of fence...
1) Start off by building a couple of 1x1 rooms, each 2 squares apart, and 2 levels high.
2) 2 squares away from them, build another 1x1 room on top of a block of foundation
Next, you will need to turn on a building cheat.
Here is how to do it:
To enter in cheats, press and hold down CTRL, SHIFT and C.
You should see a small white box appear in the top left corner of the screen.
Type in boolProp constrainFloorElevation false and press enter.
This will allow you to change terrain, even when there are objects on it.
Careful, this cheat can screw up a house, so only use it where specified.
4) Turn off the cheat by hitting CTRL-SHIFT-C and typing:
boolProp constrainFloorElevation true
Now delete the floor, then the walls, then the foundation of the last pylon, so you are only left with the first three.
5) Add some more floortiles to the inbetween layer.
6) You can add a hedge into the middle layer by using the moveObjects on cheat.
Some small fences can also make this structure look better.
And you are done!
If you are feeling adventurous, you could try making a whole structure out of these!
The Romano house also uses this kind of fence for its patio.
The roof was done by using the Curved Roof tutorial
Notice the wooden lattice on this house. It was made by using the same techniques described in this tutorial.
These are just some small examples of the ways you can get creative with fences.
So experiment, and see what you can come up with!
Comments? you can contact me by clicking here.