What is Bodyshop?
It is a program that comes with the Sims 2, that allows you to make your own
clothes, skins, eyes/hair... whatever you want!
This tutorial will show you a simple way to edit a piece of clothing.
1) First, open the program by going to: Start -> Programs -> EA Games -> The Sims 2 -> The Sims 2 Bodyshop
Select "Create Parts"
3) Choose "Start New Project"
Then "Create Clothing"
4 ) Select a suiltable piece of clothing for editing. A plain white singlet
is a great idea.
Then click the "Export selected textures" button
Enter a project name, and click ok.
5) Now, minimise bodyshop, and open up the My Documents
folder on your desktop.
Navigate to: My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Projects\
And then open the folder of the project you just created.
6) You will see a couple of files, like in the screenshot above. For now, ignore
all of them except for the one that says "top~stdMatBaseTextureName.bmp"
Right-click on it, and choose "Open With -> Paint"
7) You will see an image something like this. The left side is the back of the
singlet, the right side is the front.
8) Draw whatever you want. You can even paste a picture on if you would like.
When you are done, SAVE the picture
9) Go back to bodyshop, and click on the refresh icon. Your drawing should appear
on the singlet.
Click on "Import into Game" and you are done!
10) Your sims will now be able to choose to wear the clothes you have created
If you have any questions or comments, you can ask me personally by clicking